Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Memories - Our Version of "Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay"


Florence's Mother,
My Grandmother,
Sophie Levenstein Deutsch
Sometime in the 1920's or 30's,
probably in Trenton, NJ

From the Column "And They Said"

A State Gazette Reporter asked three persons sitting along the retaining wall on Stacey Park behind the State House this questions: what enjoyment do you get out of watching the river:

Mrs. William Deutsch, 227 Jackson Street: I just like to look at it while my little girl plays around the park. I could spend all day here if I could. The park is the nearest place I can bring my little girl to play in the fresh air and sunshine. There is so much space. In the summer I come most every day as we have no yard or porch. Right now the sticks and dirt from the flood are all over the grass. I hope it is cleared away soon and the benches put out. It isn't so comfortable watching the river sitting on this cold stone wall.