Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Memories: Part Six: A View From A Kitchen

A View From A Kitchen is a series on what meets our eye when we look up from our dirty dishes or half-full coffee cup.


Riverside Drive

I have been visiting this home for 38 years. I didn't realize that until I pulled out the calculator.

It was just a home I was often invited into and one time when I was 17 or 18 I lived here caring for the youngest daughter, one of my closest friends then, while she was sick and her parents had to go away. I did the shopping and the cleaning and, although I can't remember this, I must have done the cooking because I remember doing the dishes by this view as intimately as I remember doing the dishes by the view at Florence's.

2 comments:

cityofstrangers said...

CO - nice memories. melancholy.

T.

Anonymous said...

Again, found this love this. Don't know why nothing in common. 10 yrs older, from Chicago, live in Maine, never been to NY, Catholic.I've been reading nonstop for over an hour, can't stop. The only "stranger"blog I will follow. I think it was the pic in the header that got me.
Love love this,
Nancy