Sunday, August 21, 2011

Encore - Sunday Memories: THE LOOK OF LOVE

Today is Judith's birthday. She is 90. The elegance and spirit from which she has built her life continues to emerge each day, paving the way for the rest of us to rise and become just as extraordinary.


Judith

She escaped from Hungary to England as the Nazis began to round up the Jews. In 1950, she sailed on the Queen Elizabeth into the New York Harbor.

It was morning and the crescent moon glimmered on the water.

The Lady beckoned.

The boat horns blew welcome.

Then the city unfolded before her eyes.

It was love at first sight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, classy looking lady. You can see youth and adventure shinng out of her eyes.

Anonymous said...

I will never forget Judith's remarkable kindness. She is 22 years my parents' elder and she showed me acceptance and non-judgment when my parents would not ... when I was 17. That gave me such a feeling of relief, peace and sanctuary at a very critical time. I am forever grateful to have her, still as a beloved friend. -Michelle