Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Memories Encore: The Days of Frostbite

There's a reason Friday's Child is now a part of Her New York, if only to say thank you.

A two-month old Jupiter, then called Jimmy, when he was brought into the shelter with his five brothers and sisters. So sick, they were slotted to be put to death when a friend showed up 45 minutes before it was scheduled, brought them home and nursed them back to health.




Some folks say their pet saved their life. At least a guy on a PBS show said that.

I don't think Jupiter saved my life.



I think he saved me from frostbite seeping into my life and killing off bits and pieces. If it hadn't been for him, I probably would have lived on just fine for years, never noticing that parts of my heart no longer felt.


The Book of Jupiter


Getting Adopted: July, 2009

Happiness and the Heart

Once I Was A Man

Adrian and Jupiter

Home Is The Bag

Even The Cat Was Found On the Street

Thank You East Village Corner

A Day In The Life

A View From A Kitchen

In the Still of the Night

Cat On A Hot Tin...

The Showdown

Still of Another Night

Catboy in Love


Old and New Sunrises

The Cat and the Couch



1 comment:

bucko said...

I love the Book of Jupiter! Cats provide another dimension in an apartment. They exist in it when we are not there. The apartment has adventures that we are not part of. We come home, and we know some odyssey has happened.